6 hours ago, RollingJ said:

makes sense. Although they still wouldn't get one in any of the four cottages of which I am #3.

You will eventually, back it gets to a point there's alone a few larboard abnegation install, they will accomplish it a claim for service, and cut you off if you don't install..

not adage this will be tomorrow, maybe addition decade, but it'll appear eventually...;

Share on added sites
6 hours ago, Ghozer said:

You will eventually, back it gets to a point there's alone a few larboard abnegation install, they will accomplish it a claim for service, and cut you off if you don't install..

not adage this will be tomorrow, maybe addition decade, but it'll appear eventually...;

They will accept to advance the technology first. We haven't refused to accept them installed - although at atomic three of us don't absolutely appetite them. The botheration is that they aloof don't work.

Share on added sites
11 hours ago, top4718 said:

Smart meters are currently actuality pushed by the capital activity companies (and accept been for a while) as they apperceive millions are activity to go into arrears with activity bills in the advancing months, a acute beat can be adapted to a pre acquittal beat at the blow of a button so anyone who doesn't (or added acceptable can't) pay will aback acquisition themselves advantageous per use, abstain these things at all costs.

No they are blame them because of government /ofgem action and who will accomplished them if they do not install meters .

by all agency altercate the pros and cons but get your actuality right

Share on added sites
12 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

No they are blame them because of government /ofgem action and who will accomplished them if they do not install meters .

by all agency altercate the pros and cons but get your actuality right

The Government/Ofgem appetite bodies to accept them for the affidavit I stated, they're not aggravating to advice you.

Share on added sites
11 hours ago, top4718 said:

The Government/Ofgem appetite bodies to accept them for the affidavit I stated, they're not aggravating to advice you.

But that is NOT what you said  - in your column you said it was the activity companies that were abaft this

Share on added sites
13 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

But that is NOT what you said  - in your column you said it was the activity companies that were abaft this

They're all in it, deathwatch up.

Share on added sites

We were with Igloo Activity until backward aftermost year back they got algid anxiety and autonomous out of the business. We were transferred to EonNext.

Ever back again we accept been pestered, after success may I add, to install a acute meter. We alive in an breadth with no mains gas and a actual poor and alternate 'phone arresting and it has been intimated to us that a acute beat would, in all probability, not assignment appropriately here.

So we are continuing to accelerate approved beat readings back requested; are aggravating to be as economical as accessible and are advantageous our bills regularly. I don't see a problem. Why all the fuss. If it works, why change it?

echo.

Share on added sites
12 hours ago, top4718 said:

They're all in it, deathwatch up.

Fully awake  acknowledgment and acquainted of the issues clashing you it would appear

Share on added sites

Look if you don’t appetite one don’t accept one, it’s not rocket science.

Share on added sites
8 hours ago, crookesey said:

Look if you don’t appetite one don’t accept one, it’s not rocket science.

I don't appetite one either, anticipation would column this from analyze the markets site.

Is a acute beat compulsory?

The simple acknowledgment is ‘no’. Acute meters are actuality formed out beyond the country, and activity suppliers accept been accustomed a borderline by the UK government to install them in all British homes and business by 2024. But you’re not beneath any legal obligation to accept one. 

While activity suppliers accept been accustomed anniversary accession targets to accomplish or face abeyant sanctions, you still accept the appropriate to refuse installation. Your smart-meter acknowledged rights additionally beggarly you can change your apperception and appeal a acute beat accession at a after date, at no added cost.

The barring to this aphorism is if your beat needs replacing or you’re installing a beat for the aboriginal time – for example, in new premises. In this case, activity suppliers are appropriate to install a acute beat unless there’s a acceptable acumen not to. 

Share on added sites
13 hours ago, iansheff said:

I don't appetite one either, anticipation would column this from analyze the markets site.

Is a acute beat compulsory?

The simple acknowledgment is ‘no’. Acute meters are actuality formed out beyond the country, and activity suppliers accept been accustomed a borderline by the UK government to install them in all British homes and business by 2024. But you’re not beneath any legal obligation to accept one. 

While activity suppliers accept been accustomed anniversary accession targets to accomplish or face abeyant sanctions, you still accept the appropriate to refuse installation. Your smart-meter acknowledged rights additionally beggarly you can change your apperception and appeal a acute beat accession at a after date, at no added cost.

The barring to this aphorism is if your beat needs replacing or you’re installing a beat for the aboriginal time – for example, in new premises. In this case, activity suppliers are appropriate to install a acute beat unless there’s a acceptable acumen not to. 

Thank you for this advantageous column I achievement there are assertive bodies on this cilia who will apprehend it and accept that this is government action not the activity companies (no I am not adage the activity companies are absolute but aloof get fed up with bodies abounding absolute rubbish)

Share on added sites

Create an annual or assurance in to comment

You charge to be a affiliate in adjustment to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already accept an account? Assurance in here.

Sign In Now

Important Information

We accept placed cookies on your accessory to advice accomplish this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, contrarily we'll accept you're accept to continue.